On or before the operative date of this Charter and until this requirement is changed by the Board of Supervisors, the Board of Supervisors shall establish through its rules an Audit Committee.
The Audit Committee shall:
1. Maintain a direct and separate line of communication between the Board of Supervisors and the City and County’s independent auditor;
2. Meet with the independent auditor to review the audited annual financial statement and the auditor’s report on such matters as the quality and depth of management and compliance;
3. Recommend appropriate action to be taken by the Board of Supervisors to implement recommendations contained in the audit report;
4. Follow up, as necessary, to ensure that approved recommendations are promptly implemented; and
5. Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Supervisors.